Types of Rails
ArcelorMittal. Rail manufacturer
The rails and track fittings manufactured by ArcelorMittal are supplied wordwide for high speed tracks, heavy haul tracks, urban transport systems, etc.
The experience, technology and guaranteed quality of the rails manufactured by ArcelorMittal allow us to offer:
- A variety of sizes from 40 kg/m to 80 kg/m.
- A wide range of steel grades to international standards or to the customers' own technical specifications, both for the construction of new tracks and for revamping existing ones.
- Possibility to manufacture any new type of rail (4,000 tonnes minimum)
- Rails with very strict dimensional tolerances.
- One-piece rails up to 120 metres long.
- Long welded rails (up to 360 metres)
- Asymmetric rails.
- High speed lines
Tram systems, have been rapidly growing worldwide during recent years. They provide innovative traffic solutions, both in urban and suburban areas. This is due in part to its best accessibility, low construction costs and limited environmental impact when compared to other transport alternatives, such as bus or even metro systems. ArcelorMittal is a supplier of tram rails (Grooved, Vignole and Block Rail).
Light Rails applications for underground minining operations as well as specific light transport solutions.
ArcelorMittal is leading company in delivery crane rails worldwide for port and terminal projects and industry with more than 30 different sections to offer to customers. ArcelorMittal is a crane rail supplier & manufacturer.
Switches and Crossovers
ArcelorMittal has joined the group of world-class manufacturers of rails for switches through the production of switch bars of up to 90 m from special asymmetric rails.